Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fathers

My  dad was not in my life that I can recall, the way a father should have. My  memories of what I can recover at such an early age are few, but I do remember that he told me one of my middle names meant 'African princess', and I do remember travelling with him on an airplane and that was it the rest is just negative and am not going there.

But he telling me what my name meant, one of my name not mention on the blog here means 'African princess', I grew up feeling I was a princes sometimes a lost princes from her kingdom, when my family members would reject me. When I fantasied, I would fantasied that I  was a lost African princess from her tribe being rescued etc. 

That is how I felt about me all because my father said my name meant that. I was a princess, African one to boot. I felt I had royal blood inside of me, I grew up feeling marked with something special, I remembered in high school I was saying it out load some of my friends laughed and said you wish, but this one time, this girl happened to hear me and she believed she actually believed  and I even believed more that day.... but something happen along the way.

The point am drawing here is also from my Favorite book. 'Touching the heart of God', he mentioned that fathers should bless their houses the writer was referring to the pastors and their churches 
His ref was Jacob blessing his sons naming them according to their character, traits etc.

Although my dad was not there, he left something profound with me, that is one why I had such an high standard because when you are royalty you just can't be any old how... I was not stock up.

Anyway I went to research the meaning of my name It is actually Arabic means 'excellent'. I like the meaning  both my dad and what I found but it sounds funny. (the name)

It's important for Fathers to bless their children, spiritual and physical. 

My believe because he was Father and he said 'African princess' I believe that is what it is ....just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment