Thursday, January 5, 2012

Women leaders in the Bible

Deborah in Judges 4-5 talks about her leading winning a battle.  It was won by a woman because the male refuse to step up and lead and she (another woman Jael) step up to the plate and killed sisera . She(Deborah) did her work under a tree because she was a female leader that led this battle.

Now am thinking why did she not protest and say the people are coming to me I am the leader I want to sit in the court house. It is because she knew her role she was a married woman she sit under a tree and judge and prophesied to the people.

Am wondering if that tree mean something if it is a symbol maybe the tree of life Jesus is the tree of life......maybe it represented a covering maybe for shade/ symbolic.

(I am expressing me this is not from theological seminars  I am pressing out something out of me okay)

She is not unfamiliar to me since in 2010 the lord carried me there and am back again there I better go read and freshen up on this.

There are other female leaders Moses sister Miriam, Anna she is in Luke 2:36 38 and others

No comments:

Post a Comment